Free Download Mavis Beacon
How to Use a Freeware Typing Tutorial By Quinten Plummer, eHow Contributor
- Typing Tutorial " publisher_id="6524619" no_short_url="" data-url="http://www.ehow.com/how_6524619" data-counturl="http://www.ehow.com/how_6524619_use-freeware-typing-tutorial.html" data-text="How to Use a Freeware Typing Tutorial " data-via="eHow" data-count="horizontal" class="twitter-share-button">
- Print this article
Whether you want to learn how to type or you want to improve your existing typing skills, a well-rounded typing tutor can help typing become second nature to you. Many typing tutors mix lessons, games and tests, and with a great selection of free typing tutors available, you won't even need to spend money.
1. Download and install a free copy of RapidTyping Zone's Touch Typing Tutor to help your improve your typing skills (see Resources). The Touch Typing Tutor features a onscreen keyboard to aid you visually in placing your fingers. The program also features customizable lesson plans that you can edit to suit your needs, and a "Progress Tracker" to monitor the development of your typing skills. RapidTyping Zone also offers a portable version of the Touch Typing Tutor, which also you to launch the program from any portable media--such as a USB jump drive or a rewritable CD--without having to install anything.
2. Download a copy of Stamina Typing Tutor, a freeware typing utility, to help your learn how to type (see Resources). Stamina Typing Tutor supports multiple keyboard layouts and teaches two hand positions for typing: The standard hand placement and an alternative, more relaxed, method. You can practice on text included with Stamina Typing Tutor or you can upload your own text files to work on.
3. Use PowerTyping's online lessons to help you learn how to type or improve your skills (see Resources). PowerTyping provides free lessons, tests and games for both QWERTY and DORVAK keyboard layouts. New keys are added into the lesson plan as lessons progress. While games and practice tests can help you hone your skills while giving you a break from the pace of the lesson plan.
Quinten Plummer began writing professionally in 2008. He has more than six years in the technology field including five years in retail electronics and a year in technical support. Plummer gained his experience in music by producing for various hip-hop acts and as lead guitarist for a band. He now works as a reporter for a daily newspaper.[[/blockquote]]
- Rapid Typing Zone: Touch Typing Tutor
- TypingSoft: Stamina Typing Tutor - Features
- TypingSoft: Technique of touch-typing
- Powertyping: The Online Typing Tutor
Original source: eHow.com
Next page: Meavis Beacon
Bookmark/Share This Page:
Free Download Mavis Beacon News
Chinese Programmer Sticks Windows 95 On An iPhone 6 Plus - TechCrunch (blog)
Chinese Programmer Sticks Windows 95 On An iPhone 6 Plus
Today in “putting stuff onto things on which they don't belong,” we present a user, xyq058775, and his exciting admission that he installed Windows 95 on a brand new iPhone. He used a tool called iDos, an open source DOSBox-like app to install the OS.
ControllerTraining.com is the Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing of learning ... - VentureBeat
ControllerTraining.com is the Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing of learning ...
If you learned how to type on a keyboard without looking while in elementary school, you might have used a popular program called Mavis Beacon. Now, a company called ControllerTraining.com is looking to do the same thing for the complicated joypads for ...
Old-School Indeed: Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing 25th Anniversary Edition ... - PC World
Old-School Indeed: Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing 25th Anniversary Edition ...
Back in the late 1980s, I sold software and hardware at a now-defunct store in NYC; one of our best-sellers was "Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing," which exploited to the fullest the awesome graphical power of the Apple IIe and CGA/EGA on 8086 based ...
Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing 2009 Deluxe Edition - Macworld
Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing 2009 Deluxe Edition
At its core, Mavis Beacon is the same as any other typing tutor: see key on screen, type key on keyboard, lather, rinse and repeat. Sooner or later, after repeating that cycle a few hundred times or so, you should theoretically be able to type. Mavis ...
Caption Contest: Mavis Beacon teaches biking - Engadget
Caption Contest: Mavis Beacon teaches biking
Pee-wee's beloved bicycle has nothing on this bad boy. The two-wheeler's got a full-sized keyboard, some big red knobs and a miniature screen on its handlebars, for those who have to do some serious content creation whilst weaving through traffic. Sure ...
Keyboard Wall Art: Mavis Beacon Teaches Painting - Technabob (blog)
Keyboard Wall Art: Mavis Beacon Teaches Painting
Last week, we featured an sculpture of a horse that was made out of old keyboards. While it was truly impressive, there's no chance you'll be putting it in your house any time soon. Here's some keyboard art you might actually hang on your wall.
中国のプログラマーがWindows 95をiPhone 6 - TechCrunch
中国のプログラマーがWindows 95をiPhone 6
私には実用的使い道を思いつくことができないが（たぶんタイピング練習のMavis Beaconは走らせる必要があるだろう）、理論的実験としてはすばらしい。誰か、POSDTを動かすかもしれないし。 中国語FAQの拙い翻訳を以下に載せた：. ￼1.Q: Can I install WINDOWS XP?