Free Download Mavis Beacon
How to Use a Freeware Typing Tutorial By Quinten Plummer, eHow Contributor
- Typing Tutorial " publisher_id="6524619" no_short_url="" data-url="http://www.ehow.com/how_6524619" data-counturl="http://www.ehow.com/how_6524619_use-freeware-typing-tutorial.html" data-text="How to Use a Freeware Typing Tutorial " data-via="eHow" data-count="horizontal" class="twitter-share-button">
- Print this article
Whether you want to learn how to type or you want to improve your existing typing skills, a well-rounded typing tutor can help typing become second nature to you. Many typing tutors mix lessons, games and tests, and with a great selection of free typing tutors available, you won't even need to spend money.
1. Download and install a free copy of RapidTyping Zone's Touch Typing Tutor to help your improve your typing skills (see Resources). The Touch Typing Tutor features a onscreen keyboard to aid you visually in placing your fingers. The program also features customizable lesson plans that you can edit to suit your needs, and a "Progress Tracker" to monitor the development of your typing skills. RapidTyping Zone also offers a portable version of the Touch Typing Tutor, which also you to launch the program from any portable media--such as a USB jump drive or a rewritable CD--without having to install anything.
2. Download a copy of Stamina Typing Tutor, a freeware typing utility, to help your learn how to type (see Resources). Stamina Typing Tutor supports multiple keyboard layouts and teaches two hand positions for typing: The standard hand placement and an alternative, more relaxed, method. You can practice on text included with Stamina Typing Tutor or you can upload your own text files to work on.
3. Use PowerTyping's online lessons to help you learn how to type or improve your skills (see Resources). PowerTyping provides free lessons, tests and games for both QWERTY and DORVAK keyboard layouts. New keys are added into the lesson plan as lessons progress. While games and practice tests can help you hone your skills while giving you a break from the pace of the lesson plan.
Quinten Plummer began writing professionally in 2008. He has more than six years in the technology field including five years in retail electronics and a year in technical support. Plummer gained his experience in music by producing for various hip-hop acts and as lead guitarist for a band. He now works as a reporter for a daily newspaper.[[/blockquote]]
- Rapid Typing Zone: Touch Typing Tutor
- TypingSoft: Stamina Typing Tutor - Features
- TypingSoft: Technique of touch-typing
- Powertyping: The Online Typing Tutor
Original source: eHow.com
Next page: Meavis Beacon
Bookmark/Share This Page:
Author: Mavis Beacon
Author: Mavis Beacon
Company: The Software...
Company: Unknown (1987)
Used Price: $10.00
Company: Kensington (2011-03-01)
List Price: $59.99
Amazon Price: Too low ...
Author: Kriya Systems
Company: Simon & Schuster (General list, Trade Division)