Free Download Mavis Beacon
How to Use a Freeware Typing Tutorial By Quinten Plummer, eHow Contributor
- Typing Tutorial " publisher_id="6524619" no_short_url="" data-url="http://www.ehow.com/how_6524619" data-counturl="http://www.ehow.com/how_6524619_use-freeware-typing-tutorial.html" data-text="How to Use a Freeware Typing Tutorial " data-via="eHow" data-count="horizontal" class="twitter-share-button">
- Print this article
Whether you want to learn how to type or you want to improve your existing typing skills, a well-rounded typing tutor can help typing become second nature to you. Many typing tutors mix lessons, games and tests, and with a great selection of free typing tutors available, you won't even need to spend money.
1. Download and install a free copy of RapidTyping Zone's Touch Typing Tutor to help your improve your typing skills (see Resources). The Touch Typing Tutor features a onscreen keyboard to aid you visually in placing your fingers. The program also features customizable lesson plans that you can edit to suit your needs, and a "Progress Tracker" to monitor the development of your typing skills. RapidTyping Zone also offers a portable version of the Touch Typing Tutor, which also you to launch the program from any portable media--such as a USB jump drive or a rewritable CD--without having to install anything.
2. Download a copy of Stamina Typing Tutor, a freeware typing utility, to help your learn how to type (see Resources). Stamina Typing Tutor supports multiple keyboard layouts and teaches two hand positions for typing: The standard hand placement and an alternative, more relaxed, method. You can practice on text included with Stamina Typing Tutor or you can upload your own text files to work on.
3. Use PowerTyping's online lessons to help you learn how to type or improve your skills (see Resources). PowerTyping provides free lessons, tests and games for both QWERTY and DORVAK keyboard layouts. New keys are added into the lesson plan as lessons progress. While games and practice tests can help you hone your skills while giving you a break from the pace of the lesson plan.
Quinten Plummer began writing professionally in 2008. He has more than six years in the technology field including five years in retail electronics and a year in technical support. Plummer gained his experience in music by producing for various hip-hop acts and as lead guitarist for a band. He now works as a reporter for a daily newspaper.[[/blockquote]]
- Rapid Typing Zone: Touch Typing Tutor
- TypingSoft: Stamina Typing Tutor - Features
- TypingSoft: Technique of touch-typing
- Powertyping: The Online Typing Tutor
Original source: eHow.com
Next page: Meavis Beacon
Bookmark/Share This Page:
Author: Mavis Beacon
Company: Unknown (1987)
Used Price: $39.52
Mastering typing has never been easier than with the all-new edition of Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing Powered by UltraKey! The award-winning software program provides the most efficient way to learn and master typing fundamentals. Designed by educators, Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing Powered by UltraKey uses a success-based approach to typing instruction. This powerful and motivating way to learn provides a clear path to learning a new skill by setting personal goals and progressing along guided roadmaps.
Just follow these seven easy steps to achieve your typing success!
Step 1: Set Your Personal Goal
Success-based learning begins with setting a personal challenge level for speed and accuracy that you seek as you complete lessons.
Step 2: Learn Good Posture Habits
A virtual reality model demonstrates correct body and hand position.
Step 3: Typing Technique
Video and interactive graphics teach you typing technique, finger names and home row position.
Step 4: Learn New Keys One Stage at a Time
Systematically develop new keystrokes, blending them into pairs, chains, words and sentences.
Step 5: Build Your Skill by Using It
For each lesson you complete, a corresponding skill check uses real-word typing challenges to ensure your progress.
Step 6: Practice Excellent Typing at all Times
Timed typing tests give standardized performance results that you can put on your resume!
Step 7: Celebrate Your Success!
After just 8 hours of using this software, you can master typing basics and more!
Features: Proven positive results in just 8 hours of step-by-step instruction User-friendly system for everyone ages 8 to 88 Set personal goals, celebrate your achievement and keep motivated every step of the way You control how fast you proceed and what you do 12 interface themes and countless options adapt to age, needs and style 18 exciting videos introduce typing activities and demonstrate proper stretch break techniques Over 100 skill checks and typing tests measure your progress
Company: Encore Software (2013-08-19)
List Price: $19.99
Free Download Mavis Beacon News
Five apps to make you a better typist
Note: This list is also available as a photo gallery. There isn't a free trial of the current version of Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing, but Download.com offers a free trial of a slightly older version, which is good for getting a feel for how the software works.Read more...
Top Free Android Games
Angry Birds for Android was first available to download from app store GetJar ... guess what's being drawn first. It's like Mavis Beacon for the Bebo generation. The version labelled "Beta" is free, and if you like it there's the option to pay for an ...Read more...
Learn to type: Best typing tutor software for your Mac
Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing 20 (no demo) “” $19.99 deluxe, $29.99 platinum (2 more games, 95 additional practice sessions), same prices for download or CD ... only other word you need to hear is “free,” because that’s how much it costs.Read more...
Portal is free on Steam until September 20
The free version isn't just for students and it's not a trial version of the game due to expire in a few days. Anyone can download the full game for ... And if we learned anything from Math Blasters and Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing, it's that learning ...Read more...
Hands on with Microsoft's Surface RT: Can it hit the sweet spot?
But you will, sooner or later, discover why this Windows RT-powered Surface is less than a PC. It is missing these key features: You cannot install desktop apps. If you download a program ... I am a terrible typist. Mavis Beacon would avert her eyes ...Read more...
You can do anything - but not everything.
His book, "Getting Things Done: Mastering the Art of Stress-Free Productivity," will be published by Viking ... If you don't type at least 50 words per minute, install a typing program (such as "Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing"), and then practice.Read more...
help with Trojan virus
Run: [Windows Update Checker] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DEINST_QFE002.EXE O4 - Startup: Personal Coach.lnk = C:\Program Files\Broderbund\Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing 15 ... (Shockwave Flash Object) - http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash ...Read more...